Sell Your Business Fast
Even in the best of economies, sometimes business owners need to sell a business fast due to medical problems, divorce, personal burnout or if the owners are struggling for other financial reasons. The best solution to selling your business fast is to contact a business broker. And here’s why:
Typically, a business owner will start to prepare to sell a business for months or even years before the desired exit date. But, in a quick sale scenario, time isn’t on your side and your business broker will employ multiple strategies to transition ownership.
- Lots of Contacts – Chances are, a certified business broker with years of experience will have contacts already looking to buy a business, and possibly even ones that are a good fit for yours. Your business broker understands it’s important to get multiple qualified buyers for the table for the best possible outcome. With multiple buyers interested, you can sell your business and have a better chance at getting the fair market value and favorable sale terms and you don’t put all your eggs in one basket, so to speak.
- Finding Ideal Buyers – Your business broker will be able to quickly reach out to other likely buyers that are interested in acquiring your business for either financial or strategic reasons. This type of targeted marketing of your business is imperative to a successful sale. You don’t need to go about this on your own, your business broker already has access to lists of potential buyers and a successful marketing process all set up and ready to go to rapidly find the right buyer for your business.
- Business Valuations – One of the key factors in selling a business is the business valuation. Working through one of three different valuation approaches can complete this critical step. The approaches include the Asset Approach, the Market Approach, and the Income Approach. Your business broker will have experience with each of these three fundamental ways to measure what a business is worth.
- Negotiations – Business brokers are professional negotiators. They know how to overcome the numerous obstacles that can prevent a sale from closing. They remain objective in order to help you sell your business for the best possible price and terms that are acceptable to both buyer and seller.
- The Details – Often business brokers have prior business experience that allows them to help you navigate through the legal, financial and operational issues pertaining to your business to make it more attractive and ready for a quick sale.
Once you’ve decided to sell your business, take the first step and call a certified business broker. It’s as simple as saying, “I want to sell my business”. He’ll take it from there.
Cress V. Diglio, Florida Business Broker
Cress V. Diglio is a Certified Business Intermediary (CBI), a Merger & Acquisition Master Intermediary (M&AMI) and the past chairman of the International Business Brokers Association (IBBA).
Whether you are looking to buy a business, sell your business or merge with another business, Florida Business Broker Cress V. Diglio has the experience to assist you in all facets of the transaction. Call Cress today for complete transaction support and expertise, 888-984-4208, or visit https://floridacertifiedbusinessbroker.com.